1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Chemo, had a body part removed, went bald, got an exchange student, started the adoption process for two fabulous kids, etc. :)
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember if I made one last year. I have a couple in mind for this year, but will wait to mention them as I don't want to jinx myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Janice had Hayden, and Megan had Meredith. :)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Homer, Cody's granddaddy
5. What countries did you visit?
Countries? I've never been out of the U.S.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Children and foobs.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 15, the date of my mastectomy, and when I get to count as being 'in remission' or 'NED' (No Evidence of Disease)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting rid of cancer and becoming a Mom!
9. What was your biggest failure?
A messy house all the time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm not sure, but at the moment I really like my new cell phone.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Cody, for being my strength through cancer, sharing parent responsibilities, being my strength through the legal issues we are dealing with for the kids now, buying me the awesomest present ever, helping out around the house more, taking care of me when I'm not feeling well, not complaining when I choose to make an 'easy' dinner or don't have the laundry done, etc. He's been super this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Not having my babies for our first Christmas.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and stuff for the kids!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Chikara (my new ride), Christine, and my 2 babies.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
'It Happens' by Sugarland, and 'Live your life' by Rhianna
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? About the same (though I'm a little down at the moment)
thinner or fatter? About the same
richer or poorer? Poorer at the moment (after all my Christmas spending) but make a lot more so will be much richer when I get caught up.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Dissertation work, showing appreciation.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my Mom at my in-laws. Christmas Day at Cody's grandmother's. The day after Christmas with my kids.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, with my babies (all my answers involve them or cancer it seems, and that really is how my year was defined!)
23. How many one-night stands?
None (duh, who came up with this question?)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Sons of Anarchy, Nip/Tuck, and Big Bang Theory
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope, hate is a waste of energy I think.
26. What was the best book you read?
Sorry but I didn't read much this year so I'm gonna have to say Twilight. :P
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That a little bit of upbeat country is a good addition to my music library.
28. What did you want and get?
My Element! My bestie moving closer. Clean bill of health.
29. What did you want and not get?
My kids for Christmas. Foobs.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Haven't seen many new ones. Enjoyed the new Saw movie. Hangover was funny.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Rachel and I celebrated by karaoking! I turned 29. We had a great birthday celebration with all our friends this year! (It was also the first time I felt like I looked 'normal' again!! I remember crying in the bathroom looking at my hair in the mirror, lol!)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Comfort first. I know that's wrong, but this year I took it easy on myself and looked like a slob all the time. I *will* make more of an effort this year.
34. What kept you sane?
Cody (as always), but also my many friends and even acquaintances who always make me smile no matter what kind of crap happens. Thanks y'all, each one of you mean so much to me.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hands down, Charlie Hunnam. Yeah baby.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
To an extent, all of them and none of them.
37. Who did you miss?
Me, pre-cancer. I'll never be that person again.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My exchange student, my babies, and all my awesome students (I had great classes of students this year!)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Summed up best by my fave quote of the year: "Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." (Author unknown)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning
Ain't no need to over think it
Let go laugh and
Life don't go quite like you planned it
We try so hard to understand it
The irrefutable, indisputable fact is...